Thursday, November 20, 2008

The hampster wheel.....

This time of the school year is where I really find my days flying by. Classes are busy as ever and it seems as if everything get piled up at once. Classes become more tedious and it is harder to find the motivation to study. Sometimes it feels as if I don't know where the time goes. I wake up and my day is full keeping busy doing so much that I am to tired or don't have the time to do more of the things I truly enjoy.

Over the past few days I have come to the conclusion that I need to rid myself from the blinders of repetitiveness by constantly asking myself: How do I feel? How's my life? What do I want? Am I getting what I want? If not, why not?

As it turns our for me, thinking can be suffocating. I over think to many things and let my mind talk me out of the things I am actually capable of. This was true for me with wrestling in about any big stage or match I can think of and took my focus off the things I believed in. It is the same now for me in school and life.

Creating our thoughts is based on what we want from life and is a necessary part for devising the means necessary to achieve it. For me and everybody else, our thoughts are intimately connected to achieving the realization of our desires. I am a believer in the power of the mind and I realize the need to break the simple routines of my life and create the environment I seek in life.

The problem is that I have gone through this routine many times and it routinely ends up with me micro-analyzing my life. So my new goal is to not become trapped by this dogma and have the courage to follow my heart and intuition. Everything else is secondary from here on out. I need to trust the fact that if I pursue my passion, results will follow. It boils down to just believing.

It not the fact that I don't believe I can do anything, it's just the thoughts of failure and what if's that trap me. This is why I am excited for Thanksgiving break. It will be nice to unwind, spend time with my family and hopefully get some of the things done that get put off during the labors of school. My family is the best when it comes into believing you can achieve anything. They are always supportive of whatever it is I am interested in and are always willing to help, regardless of how impossible it may seem.

So if anybody else ever doubts themselves, although it may seem lame, rent the movie Kung Fu Panda. It came recommended to me and turned out to be a lesson I needed and inspired me to write this blog. There is no secret formula to success and happiness, you just need to believe.

Go placidly amid the noise and haste,
and remember what peace there may be in silence.

1 comment:

UK Purcells said...

Took your advice and watched KFP on the plane - Twice! Love that movie and glad i watched it.

Stay warm!